Dealing With Hair Loss? No Need to Worry!

HairLossMany people worry about hair loss, thinning, and changes because they do not realize that hair naturally follows a growth pattern that lasts around four years or so. Every month every strand of hair grows an average of less than half an inch. Usually, 90 percent of living hair follicles will grow at any given time and the other 10 percent rests. The resting phase will last from two to three months and then the follicles become active again and new hair will begin to grow.

Some hair will shed every day because it is growing at different stages so some hair loss is normal and should not be a cause for concern unless it turns into excessive hair loss. If this is the case, you need to set up an appointment with Hans Weinman today and see what we offer when it comes to hair restoration for women.

Causes of excessive hair loss includes:

Major Surgery

The stress to your body during and after surgery can take its toll on your hair, causing it to stop growing or even fall out — though usually it will start to grow back again once your body has fully recovered.

Hormonal Imbalance

Hair loss can be the result of a number of hormonal issues such as too much or too little estrogen or testosterone or improper cycles caused by hormone issues.


Due to the fluctuating hormones, body chemistry, and emotional toll the body goes through during pregnancy, hair loss is a common occurrence in the months following the birth of a little one.


Many medicines use to treat diseases and ailments such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, and other common conditions can lead to thinning hair or speed up the process of hair loss in some people.


Some fungal infections, mostly those found in children, can cause hair thinning and loss and can be treated with anti-fungal medications, lotions, shampoos, or creams.


There are some diseases that cause hair loss, which is why any hair loss beyond what you normally see day in and day out needs to be brought to your doctor’s attention to ensure there is not an underlying condition to treat.

If you are faced with hair loss that is becoming severe or stressful then call the hair care experts at Hand Weinman and see what we can do to help you overcome your hair loss situation and address your specific hair care needs.

Request Free Consultation

Our team of specialists can help you restore your fine or thinning hair by providing treatments that target your specific scalp conditions and damaged hair. Please provide your contact details below and we will contact you within business hours.