Healthy hair starts from the inside out. Whether you’ve got a full head of hair, or your starting to bald or thin with the possibility of laser hair loss therapy in your future, eating a diet rich in the right foods can help give you silky, smooth, and stronger hair. Don’t be fooled by the many shampoos and conditioners that claim to give your hair all the care it needs. Many products from nature contain nutrients that maintain the health and vitality of your hair. Try adding some of these foods to your diet to encourage healthy, strong hair.
- Salmon – Omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon are essential for the growth and maintenance of your hair. Our body doesn’t make these healthy fats, so you need to take them in through food or supplements.
- Greek Yogurt – Packed with protein and vitamin B5, Greek yogurt is a superfood and one of the most important macro-nutrients we can eat. It promotes accelerated growth and helps hair grow thicker and stronger.
- Leafy Greens – Pack in vitamin A, beta-carotene, and vitamin C when you eat your greens. Together, these nutrients make your hair smooth and silky. As opposed to promoting hair growth, spinach, kale, and all green leafy vegetables focus on scalp health. A healthy scalp equals a healthy mane.
- Eggs – Protein is key to healthy hair, so eggs are the perfect vital energy source. Eggs are rich in biotin, a crucial B vitamin, which promotes hair growth.
- Oysters – A lack of zinc is directly correlated with hair loss. One or two portions per week of oysters can do magic for your hair.
A healthy diet packed with the essential vitamins and nutrients your hair craves in order to grow healthy and strong will help your hair look its best. Bon appetite!